6.17.2010

Octopus Earrings

A post! After 4 months of "Homemade Tortillas". Can you believe it? Neither can I.

Several months ago, I visited my family in Utah and I spent a day with Rachel (the second crafty r). She showed me how to make some simple earrings. I'm not going to pretend to know any of the proper terms or tool names, so bare with me...

Rachel had these nifty loops, some wire (22 gauge? maybe?), and a bazillion beads to choose from. I went with green beads, in two different sizes, and octopus charms (to hang in the middle). I took the wire and started wrapping it around the loop, adding a bead every 3 turns:
Once all of my beads were added and the extra wire cut off, we wiggled the wire until it was centered:
Pretty pretty, eh? Finally, I added the charm and earring piece and voila!
Not a great picture, but you get the idea....

I have a recipe post coming soon. Be excited.