11.21.2009

Chuy's Dip

I made the most delicious dip. It's very similar to the Creamy Jalapeno dip that Chuy's serves. Somewhere online, I found a recipe that claimed to be a copycat but after reading the ingredients I knew it wasn't even close (there are no tomatoes in the restaurant version). The comments were much more helpful. I tweaked the one that sounded the closest and I think this is very close to the real thing...Creamy Jalapeno Dip:
16 oz [light] sour cream
1 packet Ranch dip mix
2-3 large jalapenos, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (I used 2 but next time would probably do 3, I really like garlic. Just taste as you go.)
1/3 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
Juice of a lime
Milk, optional

Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Use the milk to thin the dip to whatever consistancy you desire. I added maybe a couple of tablespoons. It was thicker than Chuy's version, but I was OK with that. Serve with tortilla chips. Simple. Easy. Delish.

5 comments:

Gail said...

Ummmm. Looks delish indeed.

jmday said...

We've used the tomatillo version... it actually comes out REALLY close to the Chuy's version. Yum!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I am going to make this for my party this weekend... can't wait to see what everyone says. I am now following you.

Hugs
Shirley

Get in my Belly! said...

Here in Madrid they do not have sour cream, do you think I could replace it with cream cheese?
http://iwantmybabybackribs.blogspot.com/

r said...

Paulamovil: I think plain yogurt would be a good substitute. Cream cheese might be too strong of a flavor? Let me know how it turns out for you :)